Events and Membership Manager
|Role Title||Events and Membership Manager|
|Line Management Responsibility||None|
|Reporting to||Head of Social Enterprise Development|
|Salary||£22,000 37.5 hour week|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week (full time) would consider part time or job share|
To manage the events, trainings, communication and membership activities of Social Enterprise Acumen and provide support to network members.
Key areas of responsibility
Programmes to be directly managed by this post-holder
- Manage the Power to Change North East Community Business Network
- Co-ordinate events on behalf of the Power to Change Community Business Network
- Work with Community Business Ambassadors
- Manage the annual North East Social Enterprise Festival
Membership and Social Enterprise Support
- Develop the membership of the Power to Change Community Business Network
- Manage social media and other communications
- Liaise with stakeholders including funders, clients and members
- Plan training (support will be given)
- Prepare materials
- Deliver training to social entrepreneurs and community businesses
|Good written communication skills|
|Good oral communication and telephone skills||Customer management experience.|
|Social media experience||Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, Google plus|
|IT skills, Word, Excel, Powerpoint||Access, Publisher, MailChimp, Survey monkey, WordPress, Podio|
|Event Management||Training and facilitation skills|
|Able to work without supervision, self starter|
|Flexible||Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends|
|EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS LEVEL|
This post is based at the Sjovoll Centre, Front Street, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5BZ.
Travel across Durham and the North East of England is expected with this post, therefore access to transport is essential.
Some out of hours working maybe required but time off in lieu will be given.
Salary £22,000 per annum for 37.5 hours per week
Pension to be established in July 2017
Social Enterprise Acumen operates a calendar year Annual Leave entitlement period of 25 days, plus bank holidays. This will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
To apply please send a current CV and a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 paper stating how you meet the above criteria.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications midnight 2 April 2017.